King’s Promotions Inks Former Champion Kermit Cintron

wpid-wp-1459195061576.jpeg

image

READING, PA (March 28, 2016)–Marshall Kauffman’s King’s Promotions is proud to announce the signing of  of former IBF Welterweight champion Kermit Cintron.

Cintron of Reading, PA has a record of 35-5-2 with 28 knockouts.

Cintron won his first twenty-four bout and established himself as one of the most feared welterweight’s in the world.

Of those twenty-four wins were stoppages over Said Ouali (7-0), Omar Davila (12-2), Ian Mackilop (14-1), Elio Ortiz (25-6) and Teddy Reid (22-5-1).

After coming up short against WBO world champion Antonio Margarito, Cintron stopped David Estrada (18-2), which set up a title opportunity against Mark Suarez.

On October 28, 2006, Cintron stopped Suarez in five founds ton win the title in Palm Beach, Florida.

Cintron made two defenses of his crown with stoppages over Walter Matthysse (26-1) and Jesse Feliciano, before losing to Margarito for a second time.

Since then, Cintron has posted many quality wins over the likes of Lovemore N’dou (46-10-1), Juliano Ramos (15-2), Antwone Smith (20-2-1), Jonathan Batista (14-1) and his last bout, which took place on March 15, 2014,when won a ten round unanimous decision over Ronald Cruz (20-2).

“I am very happy to add Kermit to the King’s Promotions stable,” said Marshall Kauffman of King’s Promotions.  “Kermit and I have a long history together and we did some special things when I trained him.  I am glad Kermit has come back home and now as a promoter, we feel we can get Kermit back into some big opportunities and get him in position to become world champion again.” 

“I am excited to finally sign with a promoter,” said Cintron.  ” I have had some offers but this is more exciting.  This is the best thing for me in my career because Marshall trained and managed me.  He knows me personally and he knows what I need in my career and I think its a great match. I am focusing on staying busy and getting another crack at a title, and I know Marshall will do the job in getting me the right fights and I will get that title shot.”  

Timothy Bradley to be Honored at 29th Annual Ring 8 Holiday Event

wpid-wp-1448952215570.jpeg

image

Timothy Bradley (R) vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
(pictures courtesy of Chris Farina / Top Rank)
 
NEW YORK, NY (November 30, 2015) – Five-time, two-division world champion Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley will attend the 29th annual Ring 8 Holiday Event and Awards Ceremony, Sunday afternoon (12:30-5:30 p.m. ET), December 13, at Russo’s On The Bay in Howard Beach, New York.  Bradley will receive his award as the 2015 Ring 8 Fighter of the Year.
 
Randy Gordon will serve as the event’s Master of Ceremonies.  Other 2015 Ring 8 award winners (see complete list below) include former New York State Athletic Commission chairperson Melvina Lathan (Woman of the Decade), undefeated No. 1 world welterweight contender Sadam “World Kid” Ali (NY Fighter of the Year), Heather Hardy (BY Female Fighter of the Year), “Ireland’s” John Duddy (Uncrowned Champion), Andre Rozier (Trainer of the Year) and Joe DeGuardia (Promoter of the Year).

image

The 32-year-old Bradley, fighting out of Palm Springs, California, is a two-time and reigning World Boxing Organization (WBO welterweight champion, in addition to being a three-time world light welterweight titlist.
 
His list of victims reads like a Who’s Who of boxing in the 140 to 147 pound divisions:  Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Ruslan Provodnikov, Joel Casamayor, Devon Alexander, Jessie Vargas, Luis Carlos Abregu, Lamont Peterson, Kendall Holt, Junior Witter and Brandon Rios.
 

“Timothy Bradley earned his award with an outstanding performance against Brandon Rios (WTKO9),” Ring 8 president Bob Duffy said.  “Working with his new trainer, Teddy Atlas (pictured to below to right with Bradley) , the sky is the limit for Bradley. We’re very fortunate to have Timothy traveling cross country to attend our Holiday Event to receive his Fighter of the Year award.

image

 
“Because this is such a great group we’re honoring this year, we expect a sold out crowd of 400.  Our members look forward to this event every year.  We truly appreciate them lending their support as Ring 8 proudly continues its record for lending a helping hand to
 those in the boxing community who are less fortunate. Each year our Holiday Event and Awards Ceremony celebrates our great sport of boxing, insuring much-needed funding is raised so we may continue our mission for our needy brothers and sisters in boxing. We will never waver from their corners.”  
  

2015 RING 8 AWARD WINNERS
 
Fighter of the Year:  Timothy Bradley
Woman of the Decade:  Hon. Melvina Lathan
NY Fighter of the Year:  Sadam Ali
NY Female Fighter of the Year:  Heather Hardy
Uncrowned Champion: John Duddy
Co-Cutmen of the Year:  George Mitchell & Mike Rella
Board Member of the Year:  Billy Strigaro
Trainer of the Year:  Andre Rozier
Community Service Award: Kevin Collins & Gerard Wilson
Promoter of the Year:  Joe DeGuardia
Sponsor of the Year: George O’Neill
Official of the Year:  Carlos Ortiz, Jr.
Amateur Official of the Year:  Christina Vila
Long & Meritorious Service Award:  Jack Hirsch
Profiles of Courage Award: Paddy Dolan
Prospects of the Year:  Wesley Ferrer & Danny Gonzales
Ring Announcer of the Year:  David Diamante
Patriotism Award: Corporal Ron McNair, Jr.
 
 
Limited tickets, priced at $125.00 per person, are still available to purchase by contacting Bob Duffy by phone (516.313.2304), email DepComish@aol.com, or mail checks (payable to Ring 8) to him (164 Lindbergh Street, Massapequa Park, NY 11762). Donations of any denomination are welcome for those unable to attend the festivities.
 
Tickets include a complete brunch with cocktail hour upon entry, followed by seating at the awards ceremony, dinner and dessert, and top-shelf open bar throughout the afternoon. There will also be a silent auction of boxing memorabilia. This event is expected to sell-out and everybody is urged to purchase tickets as soon as possible in order to secure favorable seating. 

Photos: Emmanuel Rodriguez Demolishes Luis Hinojosa in Cataño, Puerto Rico

wpid-wp-1433125011559.jpeg

image

image

image

image

image

image

Last night in Cataño, Puerto Rico, in the maint event bout, WBO Latino bantamweight champion, Emmanuel Rodriguez ( 12-0, 8 KO ) defeated by KO in the third round, former world title contender, and WBA #11, Dominican, Luis Hinojosa ( 27-9, 17 KO ).

A solid straight right hand on Hinojosa’s face, immediately ended up the fight. Hinojosa was unconscious for a while.

“The training camp went very well and here are the results. I didn’t expect the fight to end so early but I just took the opportunities that were available at the time, and delivered my punches”, said Emmanuel Rodriguez, who is ranked #11 by the WBC, and #9 by the WBO.

In other results:

Luis ‘Popeye’ Lebrón ( 3-0, 1 KO ) defeated Pedro Márquez ( 1-1 ) by unanimous decision. All three judges scored 39-37.  

Alfredo ‘Ojo’ Santiago ( 1-0, 1 KO ) TKO’s Rey Arroyo ( 0-2 ) in the first round..

Bryan ‘el Tremendo’ Pérez ( 6-0, 2 KO ) TKO’s Jonathan Guzman ( 0-3 ) in the first round.

Nestor Bravo ( 2-0, 2 KO ) TKO’s in round 2 Bryant Ríos ( 0-2 ).

Juvenal Ramos ( 3-1, 3 KO ) TKO’s Robert Rivera ( 2-5, 1 KO ) in the third round.

Jovanni Santiago ( 4-0-1, 2 KO ) TKO’s Mike Eroza ( 0-4 )  in the second round.

Derrieck Cuevas ( 5-0, 3 KO ) defeated William Lorenzo ( 3-20, 1 KO ) by mayority decision ( 58-56, 57-57 y 59-55 ).

Photos by Esdel Palermo