DiBella Entertainment Adds Four More To Promotional Roster

New York, NY (8/20/15) – Fresh off the heels of the high profile signings this week of undefeated light heavyweight prospect Radivoje Kalajdzic and pro-debuting 2012 Olympian Pavlo Ischenko, DiBella Entertainment (DBE) has announced the addition of four new fighters to their ever-growing stable. Valentyn Holovko, Nick Givhan, Alex Guerrero and Yenifel Vicente have all finalized long-term agreements with the promotional outfit, and are looking to make their official DBE debuts in the near future.
 
Hailing from Ukraine, the undefeated lightweight prospect Holovko (21-0, 14KO’s) made his U.S. debut in June, scoring a fifth-round TD over Gerardo Robles. Holovko is the latest Ukrainian prospect to join the co-promotional tandem of DBE and Fight Promotions Inc., which also promotes undefeated prospects Sergey Derevyanchenko, Ievgen Khytrov, Ivan Golub, Ivan Baranchyk and the aforementioned Ischenko. Nicknamed “The Sabre”, Holovko is an exciting and aggressive come-forward fighter. With good speed and power in both hands, Holovko will be looking to make an immediate splash in the 135lb. division.
 
“I am excited to continue my career fighting under the DiBella Entertainment and Fight Promotions banners. This is a great opportunity for me to show the world who I am, and to compete against the best of the best in the lightweight division. I know I have what it takes to win a world title, and this is the team that will bring me there,” said Holovko.
 
Nicknamed “King Beamen”, the super lightweight prospect Givhan (15-0, 10KO’s) had a successful amateur career that included back-to-back Michigan Golden Gloves championships in 2007 and 2008. Givhan then tried his hand in MMA before switching his focus back to boxing and embarking on his professional career in August 2012. Givhan has kept an active pace thus far throughout his three-year career, showing both good boxing ability and power. The 29-year-old Kalamazoo, Michigan, native is looking to break into the national spotlight and show the boxing world he has what it takes to be among the elite of the talent-laden 140lb. division, and is certain that DiBella Entertainment is exactly the promotional outfit to bring him there. Givhan is scheduled to take on Freddy Durand (8-1-1) this Saturday in Michigan.
 
“It is an absolute blessing to have signed with DiBella Entertainment, and to now be able to take my skills to a bigger stage and progress that much quicker in my career,” said Givhan. “Lou DiBella has been in the business a long time and it feels good to be signed to someone as experienced and knowledgeable as him. My team and I have worked very hard to get to this point, but now the real work begins.”
 
The older brother of Fernando Guerrero, at 12-0-1, 6KO’s, Alex Guerrero is already ranked number 13 in the WBA cruiserweight world ratings. Hailing from Salisbury, Maryland, Guerrero has been out of action since November of last year, when he scored an impressive eighth-round stoppage over Anthony Ferrante to pick up the vacant WBA NABA cruiserweight title. Guerrero is looking to get a quick win and shake off whatever ring rust he might have, and then immediately compete against the top fighters in the cruiserweight division.
 
“Signing with DiBella Entertainment and Dave Escalet is a defining point in my career. I know they are of the highest caliber and can get their job done. Now I can focus on just getting my job done. The agreement has motivated me by giving my training a clear direction. DiBella Entertainment has plenty of fight dates and Lou knows the boxing business as well as anyone out there. I recently got married, I signed with one of the top promoters in the fight game, I have my longtime trainer by my side, and I am healthy. This is just a great time in my life and my career,” said Guerrero.
 
The 29-year-old Vicente is easily the most experienced and well-known of the four signings. At 27-3-2, 19KO’s, the Dominican-native Vicente ran his record to 23-0-2, before making his U.S. debut in 2012, dropping a 10-round decision to highly regarded and recent world-title challenger Chris Avalos. Vicente is 4-2 since the defeat to Avalos, with both losses coming against fellow contenders Juan Antonio Rodriguez (MD-8) and most recently IBF #3-rated Eric Hunter.. Since the loss to Hunter, Vicente has won two straight bouts, both by stoppage, and is now looking to work his way back into a significant fight in the 122lb. division.
 
“I am very happy to be with DBE and I know that they can take me to the next level in my career.. I am a very exciting, fan-friendly fighter who loves to bring it. At 122lbs., I know that I have what it takes to become a world champion and I know that Lou will get me the opportunity to prove it,” said Vicente.

For additional information you can visit www.dbe1.com follow us on twitter @loudibella @DiBellaEnt or like our fan page on facebook/DiBellaEntertainment 

2008 Olympic Bronze Medallist Vijender Singh Turns Pro.

wpid-wp-1435586477884.jpeg

image

Francis Warren of Queensberry Promotions and Neerav Tomar of IOS Sport and Entertainment are today (Monday 29th June) delighted to announce that Vijender Singh, the superstar of Indian amateur boxing, has now turned professional.

 

Singh, the 2008 Olympic Bronze Medallist, has signed a four-year promotional agreement with Queensberry Promotions and IOS Sport and Entertainment that will see the talented middleweight fight a minimum of six times in the first year as he looks to herald in a new era for Asian boxing.

 

He will make his highly anticipated professional debut this Autumn with the Channel of Champions BoxNation to televise his fights live and exclusive in the UK.  An Indian TV broadcaster will be announced shortly where his fights will be televised live to his millions of loyal fans.

 

Arguably one of India’s most successful amateur boxers ever, a sensational career has seen him win Silver at the 2006 and 2014 Commonwealth Games; Bronze at the 2006 Asian Games, 2008 Beijing Olympics, 2009 World Amateur Championships and 2010 Commonwealth Games; Gold at the 2010 Asian Games, and rated as the world’s number one middleweight in 2009.

 

His Bronze medal victory in Beijing was a landmark event in India’s rich sporting history as it was the nation’s first ever boxing medal in the Games and he is credited for the incredible surge in boxing’s popularity in his home country since.

 

With India staging its first professional boxing event in May and the country’s incredible success in the amateur code, Singh aims to recreate the same success in the pro ranks and showcase India as the new powerhouse in World boxing.

 

The 29-year-old from Bhiwani, a state in Haryana, India, will now base himself in Manchester, England, under renown trainer Lee Beard, who has previously worked with British boxing legend Ricky Hatton.  

 

Singh will train alongside a top stable of boxers with Beard currently guiding the WBO International and European Light-Welterweight Champion Jack Catterall, Former Commonwealth Light-Middleweight Champion Jamie Cox, and top up-and-coming prospects Adrian Gonzalez, Joe Costello and Raza Hamza.

 

A thrilled Singh said, “I’m excited to turn pro and looking forward to the new chapter of my life. I want to train hard and perform for my country at the global level. IOS will be managing my pro boxing career along with Queensbury Promotions with broadcaster BoxNation. My immediate goal will be to work hard and make a good boxing record in the next year or so.”

 

Warren, son of the International Boxing Hall of Fame promoter, commented,“I’m very excited to have brought such a talented and determined individual over to the UK and can’t wait to see what Vijender is capable of doing in the professional ranks after achieving so much as an amateur,”

 

“After spending the past week with him in Manchester, there is no doubt in my mind that he has what it takes to be a very successful professional boxer, not only because of his undoubted natural talent, but also due to his drive and focus.  He has a clear idea of what he wants to achieve and I am over the moon that he will be doing that with Queensberry Promotions and BoxNation.”

 

Tomar, MD & CEO of IOS Sports & Entertainment, added, “It’s an historic moment for Indian boxing with Vijender turning Pro. He’s a top fighter and is extremely motivated to train hard and perform. I have known Francis for over five years and we have been in discussions for a long time to bring the sport of Pro boxing to India and finally we will be introducing it soon in a big way with Vijender.”

 

He added “Indian boxers have huge potential to be world beaters and Vijender will be the flag bearer for a nation of over billion people.

 

Further details will be announced in due course confirming a date for Singh’s professional debut.

Golden Boy & Team Sauerland Partner to Promote Olympic Medalist Anthony Ogogo

LOS ANGELES (June 26) – Golden Boy Promotions and Team Sauerland are excited to announce that they have agreed a groundbreaking co-promotional deal for Olympic medalist and undefeated middleweight Anthony Ogogo.
 
The agreement will see the promoters working closely together on Ogogo’s development whilst ensuring he has the perfect platform to continue his rise as one of the world’s most exciting prospects in Britain, across Europe as well as in the United States and worldwide.

 Having established himself as one of Britain’s most distinguished amateurs, where he won the Junior Olympics and Junior World Championships, Ogogo then went on to win a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games before winning bronze at the 2012 Olympic Games. 

The Lowestoft fighter produced one of the best performances in Olympic history by beating the then unbeaten, World No. 1 Ievgen Khytrov on his way to medaling at the London games.

Ogogo has made a promising start to his professional career so far (7-0) which also seen him fight on Floyd Mayweather’s undercard in Las Vegas in May 2014. Having been out of the ring for 11 months recovering from a long standing Achilles issue, and will now return to the ring on Saturday July 18 in Berlin – his first fight under his new dual promoters.

On the announcement, Ogogo said: “I am incredibly excited by this new partnership and cannot wait to get back in the ring. I feel privileged to have two of best promoters in World boxing backing me and want to thank them both for helping get to this point. The support Golden Boy have shown me since I signed with them has been amazing and I now can’t wait to repay the faith they’ve shown me in the ring. Kalle and Nisse Sauerland are two of the best promoters in the sport and their enthusiasm to help get me to the very top in the sport has been overwhelming. I now feel fitter than I’ve ever felt and am ready to send a wakeup call to the entire middleweight division.”

On the announcement, Oscar de la Hoya said “Anthony Ogogo is an exciting, dynamic middleweight who fits right in with the Golden Boy mantra of delivering the best fights for the fans. The sky is the limit for Anthony and we look forward to partnering with Team Sauerland to help fans across the globe witness the massive talent that this Olympic medalist brings to the table.”
 
A statement from the Sauerland brothers read, “We watched Anthony win his bronze medal at the Olympics and have followed his career develop ever since. He is one of the most talented middleweights in the world and we look forward to teaming up with one of the biggest promoters stateside Golden Boy Promotions to ensure that Anthony fulfils his massive potential. The middleweight division is hotting up, especially in the UK, and we firmly believe the name on peoples lips in 2016 will be Anthony Ogogo and that he will go on to be crowned a World Champion”