Zeuge vs. De Carolis WBA Rematch Set

unnamed

unnamed

Tyron Zeuge (18-0-1, 10 KOs) is set to renew his rivalry with Giovanni De Carolis (24-6-1, 12 KOs) on November 5 in a WBA World Super Middleweight title rematch at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany.

The fighters will pick up where they left off following their World title tussle at the Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin on July 16, which after twelve fiercely contested rounds ended with a majority draw decision. Two judges scored the fight 114-114, while the third had Zeuge ahead 115-114.

Having narrowly missed out on World title success, Zeuge, who injured his upper left arm in the sixth-round of their first encounter, is overjoyed at landing a second shot at De Carolis’ WBA strap, and insists that injury free he will be ready to dethrone the Italian Champion.

‘’I’m very happy that my promoter Team Sauerland has delivered me this rematch,’’ said Zeuge. ‘’It was a pity that I injured myself in first fight, and I believe this cost me the World title. However, this time, I will prove that injury free I am the better boxer, and I will be crowned World Champion in Potsdam.’’

The undefeated 24 year-old will be training under the guidance of coach Conny Mittermeier and mentor Juergen Braehmer, who will also preparing for his own WBA World Light Heavyweight title defence against Nathan Cleverly on October 1 in Neubrandenburg.

De Carolis, who won the WBA belt in January with an eleventh-round TKO win over Zeuge’s countryman Vincent Feigenbutz, has welcomed a rematch with the young Berliner.

‘’As a Champion you must be ready for any challenge,’’ said the 32 year-old, who aims to continue his fine run of form with another World title victory on German soil.

‘’The first fight was close, but I felt I did enough to win. Initially, I had some problems with his speed and agility, but little by little, I was able to adjust and ended the fight in full control. On November 5, I will continue where I left off and defend my World title.’’

Promoter Kalle Sauerland says he is looking forward to the rematch, and having been impressed by his performance last time out, has tipped Zeuge to overcome De Caolis and claim World honours at the second time of asking.

‘’The first fight was a great advert for boxing,’’ said Sauerland. ‘’Tyron deserves a lot of credit for finishing the fight the way he did with an injury. He may have missed out on the belt, but that night, he proved to me that he has what it takes to win a World title. OnNovember 5, I believe we will have a new World Champion.’’

Sosa First Defense Set Against Davis ?

CqJZ2iEXgAA8Ndy

CqJZ2iEXgAA8Ndy

 

By Seamus McNally

Baltimore junior lightweight Gervonta “Tank” Davis (16–0, 15 KOs) looks be in line for biggest fight of his career this fall in a rumored bout with WBA champion Jason Sosa (19–1–4, 15 KOs) of Camden, New Jersey. While both camps are working to make the official, the target date for the title bout looks to be October 22. Premier Boxing Champions, created by Davis’s manager Al Haymon, has a card scheduled that day on NBC but no confirmation has been made of the Sosa-Davis fight appearing on the show if the bout gets made official in the coming days.

Davis has been in talks to face IBF Champion Jose Pedraza and Sosa was in talks to face WBA ‘Super’ Champion Jezreel Corrales but neither fights came to fruition to this point. Sosa presents the toughest fight of Davis’s career by far, with Davis never having faced a top-ten fighter before. Sosa won his title with a come from behind 11th round stoppage of previously unbeaten Javier Fortunua on June 24th in Beijing, China. Sosa made his national TV debut in the fight before Fortuna when he fought to a disputed majority draw against Nicholas Walters in December 2015 on HBO in a fight many thought Walters deserved to win.

Davis signed with Floyd Mayweather’s promotional company Mayweather Promotions last summer and made his national TV debut on Showtime in September with a first round knockout of Recky Dulay on the Mayweather-Berto undercard. Davis has fought on national TV three more times since, once on Bounce TV against Cristobal Cruz and twice on Spike TV against Luis Sanchez and Guillermo Avila. All three bouts ended in a Davis knockout victory. Davis’s last fight was June 3 in Florida on the non-televised portion of a PBC on Spike card. He was able to knockout Mario Macias Rorozco in just 41 seconds.

Davis looks to extend his knockout streak to eight against Sosa and become the first titleholder from Baltimore since Hasim Rahman became the undisputed heavyweight world champion back in 2001.

Flores Wants Rigondeaux Next

moises flores

moises flores

Newly crowned undefeated IBO super-bantamweight world champion, Moises “Chucky” Flores (25-0, 17 KOs), received his belt from co-manager Henry Rivalta of Pro Box Management. Last June, Flores scored an impressive unanimous decision victory over Paulus Ambunda (24-2, 10 KOs), in his home town of Windhoek, Namibia (Africa), to earn the world title strap.

Flores, who is also the WBA interim champion, is now the mandatory challenger to face WBA super-champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs). Both camps are in negotiations with the possibility of the fight happening in the next few months. If the fight comes to fruition, both the WBA and IBO world title belts will be on the line. After receiving his IBO world title belt, and a big fight looming with Rigondeaux, Flores speaks on his current situation.

“Winning the IBO world championship is a testament to my hard work and the great team around me,” said Mexico’s Moises “Chucky” Flores. “Together we worked really hard to get this world title. I’m now the mandatory to challenge Guillermo Rigondeaux, a fight I’m looking forward to. He’s very skilled but I feel I have all the tools to defeat him. My management team is working hard to get this fight finalized. It’s time to see who the best super-bantamweight is. I going to bring that world title home to Mexico.”

ContactUs.com