Golden Boy Resigns Eddie Gomez

image

LOS ANGELES (Feb. 15, 2016) – Eager to resume his quest for a world championship in 2016, the fighting pride of the Bronx, Eddie “Eboy” Gomez (18-1, 11 KOs), will do so with Golden Boy Promotions in his corner once again. The highly-regarded 23-year-old super welterweight, has re-signed with boxing’s premier promoter, guaranteeing that the world will continue to see his talent on the sport’s biggest stages.
 
“2016 is going to be a big year for all of us and I am glad that Golden Boy Promotions will continue to be on my side,” said Eddie Gomez. “I am looking forward to taking on any challenges to gain a championship title and I know I can trust the team at Golden Boy to guide me in the right direction, they have my loyalty.”
 
 “Eddie Gomez is one of the top fighters to emerge from New York in several years, and we’ve already seen what he can do in the ring against tough competition,” said Golden Boy Promotions Chairman and CEO, Oscar De La Hoya. “We’re excited to have him on our team and in 2016, we’re going to keep him busy and get him into the world title picture.”
 
A former amateur star, of Honduran decent, has thrilled the knowledgeable fans on the east coast fight circuit, Eddie “Eboy” Gomez has a mix of talents that can see him box or bang, depending on what the fight calls for. Owner of wins over the likes of Luis “Morochito” Hernandez, Steve Upsher Chambers and Daquan Arnett, Gomez bounced back in style from the lone loss of his career against Francisco “Chia” Santana in 2014, shutting out James Winchester at the Barclays Center on Dec. 16, 2014.  Since then, Gomez fought Jonathan Batista on April 18, 2015 on the undercard and ‘Fight of the Year’ candidate of Lucas “La Maquina” Mathysse versus “The Siberian Rocky” Ruslan Provodnikov. Now, Gomez is ready to take his career to the next level and add a title belt to his collection.
 
Gomez’ next bout will be announced shortly.
 
For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com and follow on Twitter @GoldenBoyBoxing, @OscarDeLaHoya, and @EddieGomez718, become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing or follow on Instagram @GoldenBoyBoxing @OscarDeLaHoya and @King_EG.

Francisco Santana Returns Jan. 19 at Chumash on Friday Night Fights

SANTA BARBARA (December 15, 2014) – Gary Shaw Productions’ super-welterweight contender, Francisco Santana (21-3-1, 10 KOs), returns to the ring against Sebastian Lujan (43-8-2, 26 KOs) on January 9, 2015 at the Chumash Casino Resort in Santa Ynez, California. The 10-round bout will serve as the co-feature to the Darleys Perez (31-1, 20 KOs) vs. Jonathan Maicelo (21-1, 12 KOs).  Both fights will air live on ESPN2’s “Friday Night Fights”.
 
Earlier this year, Santana impressed the boxing world when he defeated former undefeated contender Eddie Gomez (17-1, 10 KOs) by way of unanimous decision.  Francisco is currently riding a winning streak which spans 9-fights in a row. In his last bout he defeated Luis Alfredo Lugo by way of fifth round knockout.  He’ll look to continue on his winning streak against a tough Lujan whose only been stopped twice in his career.
 
“I’m very excited that my promoter Gary Shaw has brought me back to ESPN.” said Santana. “I know Lujan is a very crafty veteran and I’m not looking past him.  These are the type of fights that I have to win if I want to accomplish my goal of becoming a world champion.  The Chumash is in my backyard and I want to put on a great show for all my hometown fans that will be there to support me.  2015 is going to be a big year for me.”
 
“Santana has proven to me that he really wants to take his career to the next level.” Gary Shaw said. “He done everything we’ve asked him to do and now I’m going to push really hard to get him into a big fight.  He looked incredible against Eddie Gomez, who was undefeated at the time.  That win showed me a lot.  Lujan is no pushover so I want him to get though this fight before we start talking about anything else.  There is no doubt that this fight will be a crowd pleaser because Santana brings an action style to the ring.” 
 
The ESPN “Friday Night Fights” telecast begins Friday January 9, 2015 at 9:00 p.m. EST / 6:00 p.m. PST from the Chumash Resort Casino in Santa Ynez, Calif.  Tickets priced $35, $50, $65, $85, and $95 are on sale now and can be purchased at the Chumash Casino Box office or online at HERE.  Doors open at 5:00 P.M, first fight starts at 5:30 P.M.

Unbeaten Prospects John Karl Sosa, D’Mitrius Ballard & Lamont Roach Jr. Kick Off Televised Portion of #LemieuxRosado

image

BROOKLYN (Dec. 5, 2014) – A host of unbeaten prospects will open the David Lemieux vs. Gabriel Rosado in the non-televised undercard on Saturday, Dec. 6 at Barclays Center as John Karl Sosa (11-0, 6 KOs), D’Mitrius Ballard (7-0, 6 KOs) and Lamont Roach Jr (4-0, 2 KOs) look to keep their perfect records intact.
 
In addition, two of New York City’s premier prospects will take to the ring at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center starting with a 10-round super welterweight contest, as the Bronx’s Eddie Gomez (16-1, 10 KOs) faces North Carolina’s James Winchester (16-10, 6 KOs). Plus, Brooklyn’s own Zachary Ochoa (8-0, 4 KOs) puts his unbeaten record on the line in a six-round super lightweight bout against Puerto Rico’s Jose Miguel Castro (4-1, 2 KOs).
 
The Lemieux vs. Rosado main event pits Montreal knockout artist David Lemieux (32-2, 30 KOs) against Philadelphia fan favorite “King” Gabriel Rosado (21-8, 13 KOs). In the opening HBO bouts, Hugo “The Boss” Centeno Jr. (21-0,11 KOs) faces James “The King” De La Rosa (23-2, 13 KOs) in a 10-round middleweight matchup, and Thomas “El Frances” Dulorme (21-1, 14 KOs) squares off with “Hammerin” Hank Lundy (25-3-1, 12 KOs) in a 10-round bout for the vacant NABF and NABA Junior Welterweight Titles.
 
Tickets priced at $150, $80, $50, $25 and $15, plus applicable taxes and service charges are on sale and are available for purchase at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations, by calling 800-745-3000 and at the American Express Box Office. For group tickets, please call 800-GROUP-BK.
 
Eager to return to the win column after the first loss of his pro career against Francisco Santana in June, 22-year-old Eddie “E-Boy” Gomez (16-1, 10 KOs) is hungry to not just get the victory, but to do it in spectacular fashion. With a 4-0 record at Barclays Center, a run that includes a big January win over previously unbeaten Daquan Arnett, Gomez will have a huge fan base cheering him on in the building this Saturday when he meets Reidsville, North Carolina’s James “Shotgun” Winchester (16-10, 6 KOs). A fearless competitor whose recent record includes bouts against the likes of Terrell Gausha and Luis Arias, the 36-year-old veteran could end the year in style with an upset against Gomez.
 
Barclays Center has become a second home for Brooklyn native Zachary “Zungry” Ochoa (8-0, 4 KOs), a promising 22-year-old talent who has gone 3-0 at the Barclays Center, most recently taking a near-shutout win over Luis Cervantes in August. On Saturday, Ochoa will be in tough against Carolina, Puerto Rico’s Jose Miguel Castro, who brings an impressive (4-1, 2 KOs) record into the ring.
 
Also hailing from Puerto Rico is highly-regarded welterweight John Karl Sosa (11-0, 6 KOs), a Caguas prospect who has already won three fights against solid competition in 2014. Sosa will face Brooklyn’s Jason Thompson (5-8-4, 4 KOs) in an eight-round matchup.
 
In a light heavyweight bout scheduled for six rounds, Washington, D.C.’s exciting prospect D’Mitrius Ballard (7-0, 6 KOs) will face Hartford, Connecticut’s Tylon Burris (4-2, 2 KOs), while his D.C. neighbor Lamont Roach Jr. (4-0, 2 KOs) will open the event in a four-round lightweight bout against Aguada, Puerto Rico’s Alexander Charneco (2-0, 2 KOs).
 
“Brooklyn Brawl: Lemieux vs. Rosado” is a 12-round NABF Middleweight bout which is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Eye Of The Tiger Management and sponsored by Corona Extra, AT&T and Mexico – Live It To Believe It!. Dulorme vs. Lundy is a 10-round junior welterweight bout promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions and CES Boxing. The HBO Boxing After Dark telecast begins at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.