J-Rock Williams Faces Luciano Cuello Sept. 22 In Bethlehem, PA

BETHLEHEM, PA. (September 3, 2015) – Philadelphia’s unbeaten rising star Julian “J-Rock” Williams (20-0-1, 12 KOs) will fight near his hometown when he takes on Argentina’s Luciano “El Principito” Cuello (35-3, 17 KOs) in an 10-round super welterweight showdown at Sands Bethlehem Event Center in Bethlehem, PA. on Tuesday, September 22 as the main event of TOE-TO-TOE TUESDAYS on FOX Sports 1.

The telecast begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT with unbeaten super bantamweight Moises “Chucky” Flores (23-0, 16 KOs) facing Argentine knockout artist Luis Emanuel “La Ardilla” Cusolito (21-1, 19 KOs) in a 12-round battle.

“I’m excited to be headlining this show. It’s a good kind of pressure and I’m ready for it,” said Williams. “I hope that my hometown of Philadelphia comes out to support me because I plan on putting on an electric performance. I have a lot of respect for Cuello, but I haven’t lost a round in eight fights and I plan on keeping that going.”

“I am very pleased with this opportunity and I plan on pulling off the upset,” said Cuello. “Williams is very talented but he has never been in deep waters with someone like me. I will be too much for him.”

“This is going to be a great card and I am excited to be part of the PBC series,” said Marshall Kauffman of King’s Promotions. “I have admired Julian Williams since his amateur days and have always wanted to work with him. Cuello is a real tough guy and has shown to give the top contenders great fights. I am extremely pleased and excited about the whole card and I expect Flores vs. Cusolito to be an explosive bout.”

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by King’s Promotions, are priced at $100, $75 and $45, not including applicable service charges and taxes and are on sale now. Tickets are available at www.ticketmaster.com. To charge by phone call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000.

One of the most highly regarded young stars in boxing, Williams has spent 2015 staking his claim as a legitimate contender in the 154-pound division. He shut out longtime contender Joey Hernandez in April and followed that up with a sixth-round stoppage of Arman Ovsepyan in June. The 25-year-old from Philadelphia has also picked up victories over Joachim Alcine, Eliezer Gonzalez and Freddy Hernandez in his young career and looks to continue rising up the ranks at 154-pounds when he faces Cuello.

Born in Buenos Aires but fighting out of Madrid, Spain, Cuello has spent most of his pro career fighting in those two countries. He’s fought in the U.S. once in his career and hopes to make a mark on September 22. Winner of his first 22 pro fights; he won titles in South America with victories over Carlos Wilfredo Vilches and Samir Santos Barbosa. The 31-year-old enters this fight with three straight victories including a dominant performance against previously unbeaten Martin Fidel Rios.

The 28-year-old Flores is rapidly rising up the super bantamweight division and solidified his contender status when he took down Oscar Escandon in a gutsy performance in April. He also owns victories over previously unbeaten Mario Munoz, Oscar Arenas and Rodolfo Hernandez. Born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, he will be making his east coast debut in his fourth U.S. start.

A hard-hitting Argentine from Buenos Aires, Cusolito has knocked out his last five opponents and 19 of 21 throughout his career. The 27-year-old won the first 14 starts of his career, including 13 by knockout. His U.S. debut will come on September 22 when he looks to be the first to add a blemish to Flores’ now perfect record.

For more information visit www.premierboxingchampions.com www.sandseventcenter.com and http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/homepage
Follow on Twitter @PremierBoxing, @JRockBoxing, @PrincipeCuello, @FOXSports1, @TheSBEC and @Swanson_Comm and become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/PremierBoxingChampions and www.Facebook.com/the SBEC.

J-Rock Williams vs Armen Ovespyan To Be Televised On Undercard Of Wilder – Molina June 13th

Philadelphia (June 8, 2015)–This Saturday, June 13 one of the hottest names in boxing will be back in action as undefeated Jr. Middleweight, Julian “J-Rock” Williams (19-0-1, 11 KO’s) will take on Armen Ovespyan (14-4, 11 KO’s) in a 10-round bout for the WBC Continental America’s Jr. Middleweight title.

The bout will take place in Birmingham, Alabama and be part of the Deontay Wilder – Eric Molina WBC Heavyweight title card that will be televised on Showtime Championship Boxing.

Williams – Ovespyan will be shown live on Showtime Extreme.

“I wanted a bigger fight but if the other top guys are not available,” said Williams.

“I can’t just sit around and be inactive. I’m still improving. I still have to work on my craft. I still have to make money. So sitting around is not an option for me. At one time people had high hopes for Ovespyan. He’s not a bum and I’m definitely not overlooking him.”said the 25 year-old

“At one point during camp I thought I was fighting Frank Galarza in Brooklyn so I was locked in. Then I thought it would be Jan Zaveck. Who is an ex world champion and took Keith Thurman the 12 round distance so I was still super focused. I’ve been told I will get a big fight in September maybe even a title shot, so there is no way I will have a let down against Ovespyan because if I don’t win I won’t get what I have been asking for. I haven’t lost a round in 2 years since the Joachim Alcine fight and I want to continue to build on that and perfect my craft.”

Williams has earned the moniker, “Mr. Do It All” for his versatility in the ring. Williams has proven to be a master boxer and high quality banger when need be.

Williams is currently ranked #8 by the WBC, #10 by the WBA and #10 by ESPN.com

Williams of Philadelphia has been credited for willingness to take step up fights such as wins over former world champion Joachim Alcine (32-4) Orlando Lora (29-4-2), Freddy Hernandez (30-6), Michael Medina (26-4-2), Eliezer Gonzalez (14-0), Jamar Freeman (13-3-2) and Joey Hernandez (24-2-1). Williams was also dominating undefeated Hugo Centeno (19-0) before the fight was stopped due to a cut and ruled a no-contest.

Photos: Luis Ortiz vs. Lateef Kayode & Undercard Official Weights

wpid-ortizkayodeweighin_hoganphotos.jpg

Photo Credit: Gene Blevins-Hogan Photos/Golden Boy Promotions

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image
OrtizVsKayodeWeighIn