Bute Victim of Dirty Supplements ?

Former world champion Lucian Bute  learned late last week that the test of his “B” sample was positive, as was his “A” sample, which was no surprise and these findings were welcomed by Lucian and his team.
 
When the initial announcement of the positive result revealed Ostarine, Lucian didn’t understand what could have happened, hence his disbelief of the situation yet hope regarding test results of his sample “B”. At that time it was announced extensive research would be conducted to find out what really happened. Today, more than ever, Lucian says he never knowingly used illegal products during his illustrious career in professional boxing. 
 
To assist in his search for truth, Lucian retained the services of a Los Angles-based lawyer, Howard Jacobs, who requested all nutritious supplement products used by Bute during in his training camp for the fight against Badou Jack.
 
KorvalLabs, an accredited laboratory in California specializing in sport, was  mandated to carry out all of the analyzes, and results were obtained Monday.
However, analysis of a product named Dynamita recovery, made by Pharmageniclaboratory in San Diego, California, contained traces of contamination, Ostarine.
 
The supplement formula prescribed by physical trainer Angel Heredia (see photos) had to be perfectly free of all illegal substances in its composition, meaning, unfortunately, it had been contaminated during preparation of this supplement at the Pharmageniclaboratory.
 
         

               

Responsibility for the detection of Ostarine in Bute’s tests was totally up toPharmagenic laboratory in San Diego. Bute and his lawyer intend to pursue legal proceedings against the laboratory that has caused irreparable harm to the integrity and reputation of the former IBF super middleweight champion.
 
Details of the investigation were forwarded to the athletic commission in Washington DC, which will therefore be inviting Bute to enable representations and explanations of what happened before it takes a decision.
 
Meanwhile, Lucian Bute is in training at the gym of the Grant brothers regularly, does not put his career in question and is determined to take all means to become world champion in his division once the details of this case are fully set.

Lucian Bute Releases Statement on Positive Doping Test

MONTRÉAL (May 26, 2016) – Lucian Bute was informed of the results of the anti-doping test done after his World Boxing Council (WBC) world title fight against Badou Jack, April 30, in Washington, D.C.

As reported in a statement sent by the WBC, the Washington D.C. Boxing and Wrestling Commission informed them that Bute tested positive for Ostarine, in an A sample analysis, after the bout.

”I am surprised and sorry about this. I don’t understand what led to this positive result, Bute said. “I have always passed every anti-doping test that I was asked to take since I won a world title. More recently for my fight against James DeGale, in Quebec City, last November, I was tested eight times from before my training camp until after my fight. I have never taken any illegal products. I have a complete trust in my team. There will be an analysis of the B sample and I am sure that this result will be negative.”

”GYM has always been strongly in favor of a strict anti-doping policy to keep the sport of boxing clean,” GYM president Yvon Michel remarked. “We are really surprised by this first result and we now hope that the B sample proves that the first result was wrong. Until then, we support Lucian Bute.”

There will be no further comments on this subject until the publication of Bute’s B sample result.

Photos/Quotes: James DeGale Media Workout from London

wpid-wp-1447738594349.jpeg

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Photo Credit: Frank Coppi/Matchroom

 

LONDON (Nov. 16, 2015) – Two days before he departs for Canada, IBF Super Middleweight World Champion James “Chunky” DeGale (21-1, 14 KOs) held an open media workout at the Stonebridge Boxing Club in London as he nears completion of a 10-plus week training camp for his title defense against former world champion and Canadian fan favorite, Lucian Bute (32-2, 25 KOs), of Montreal, on Saturday, Nov. 28, live on SHOWTIME (11 p.m. ET/PT) from the Vidéotron Centre of Quebec City.

The event billed as “THE RECLAMATION” is a presentation of Vidéotron in collaboration with Mise-O-Jeu.

Here’s what DeGale had to say on Monday:

JAMES DEGALE:

“I think I am the best super middleweight out there right now. There are hard fights in the division.  Badou Jack is a good fighter, but I think I beat him and beat him well if I stay switched on for the full 12 rounds. 

“Arthur Abraham is still a tough customer and hopefully Martin Murray can do the business. I think he will beat him, although it’s hard to win in Germany.

“I want to prove I am the best, I will go anywhere to do it and that’s why I am defending my title in Canada. All the world champions in Britain have great rivals on the doorstep, so it’s a really exciting time domestically as well for boxing in Britain right now – but I firmly believe I beat everyone in this division.

“I like boxing away from home – maybe it’s time I started being called ‘the road warrior’.  I won my world title in Boston and now I am defending it in Canada against a classy opponent in Lucian Bute. I know it’s going to be a hard fight but I am ready for that.  My sparring has been great, I am hitting great times on the track, I feel strong in the gym and I am just looking forward to it.

“Nothing changes under Jim McDonnell – it’s all about hard work, long runs up Hampstead Heath, 15 round sparring sessions, five minute rounds in the gym – I’m always in great shape. We haven’t changed anything really.  If anything, we’ve had to just adjust the mindset and train like a challenger even though I am the champion.  That’s the way you have to think.

“I feel fresh, sharp and ready. I travel on Wednesday and I am raring to go.  I just can’t wait to get in there now. I wanted to get out there a good 10 days early to acclimate to the weather and the time.  Once I am there, I feel even more switched on.”

# # #

In the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® Nov. 28 co-feature, undefeated Eleider Alvarez 

(18-0, 10 KOs) meets Isaac Chilemba (24-2-2, 10 KOs) in a 12-round WBC Light Heavyweight Title Eliminator. The winner becomes the mandatory challenger to WBC 175-pound champion Adonis “Superman” Stevenson.

Preceding the SHOWTIME telecast will be fights on SHOWTIME EXTREME (9 p.m. ET/PT): Undefeated, world-ranked Amir Imam (18-0, 15 KOs) faces Adrian Granados (14-3-2, 9 KOs) in a 10-round super lightweight match, unbeaten Oscar Rivas(17-0, 12 KOs) collides with Curtis Harper (12-4, 8 KOs) in a 10-round heavyweight scrap and, time permitting, Custio Clayton (4-0, 3 KOs) will be opposed by Ivan Pereyra (19-5, 13 KOs) in a four-/six-round welterweight bout.

Tickets are on sale at the Vidéotron Centre box office on www.ticketmaster.ca, at GYM (514) 383-0666, at InterBox (450) 645-1077 or at Champion boxing club (514) 376-0980.

@butelucian, @jamesdegale1, @yvonmichelGYM, @interboxca, @stormalvarez, @SHOsports